What is the Classroom Educator Training?
This training is for classroom teachers who would lke to implement the Orton-Gillingham Approach in a classroom setting. Utilizing direct instruction, teachers bring a multi-sensory, structured, sequential, phonetic, and linguistic approach to the mainstream classroom.
What is covered in this training?
• what the Orton-Gillingham approach is and its history
• rationale and principles of Orton-Gillingham
• brain processes underlying dyslexia and the needs of the dyslexic learner
• alphabetic phonics
• reliable spelling patterns
• syllabic and morphemic structures of the English languag
• core language processes: receptive and expressive
• diagnostic/prescriptive teaching
• readings on research and Orton-Gillingham
In order to be eligible for the Classroom Educator Membership, a 50-hour practicum, with a minimum of 5 hours of observation by the supervising AOGPE Fellow, must be completed.
The Teacher Training Program of Camperdown Academy does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, creed, religion, or national ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship programs, or other school programs and activities.