This workshop, designed for parents and professionals, presents an overview of the Orton-Gillingham Approach. Participants benefit from this workshop by developing a better understanding of the learning differences of a child with dyslexia and why the child benefits from this phonetic, multi-sensory approach.
You will be introduced to the following:
- what the Academy is
- where you might fit in
- what the Orton-Gillingham Approach is and its history
- for whom the Orton-Gillingham Approach is appropriate and necessary
- the history and structure of the English language
- recognition of traits and symptoms that may point to dyslexia
- how dyslexia differs from other learning differences
- alphabetic principles
- introduction to phonology
- the rationale and principles of Orton-Gillingham
In order to become eligible for Subscriber Level Membership, all 12 hours of the workshop must be attended.
For information about the Subscriber Workshop, please contact Heidi Bishop, Fellow/AOGPE, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 864.244.8899.
The Fall 2013 Subscriber Workshop
will be held
Friday, October 25, 1-3:30 p.m.
Friday, November 15, 1-3:30 p.m.
Friday, December 13, 1-3:30 p.m.
at Camperdown Academy
The Teacher Training Program of Camperdown Academy does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, creed, religion, or national ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship programs, or other school programs and activities.